Nate was mowing our lawn the other day and almost ran over this cute little bunny in the process. Maybe it's because I'm a mother and/or maybe it's because I'm pregnant and emotional, but I just insisted we make sure no harm come to this cute little animal. So, I convinced Nate to take us to the pet store and buy bunny food. Mya and I put the bunny in a cardboard box and made it bunny friendly (grass, flowers, lots of nature). The bunny really seemed to enjoy its new home the first night....


Isn't it so tiny? Mya's hands look huge against the bunny. I kept reminding her not to squeeze too hard.

Audrey was pretty excited about the bunny as well and I almost let her hold it... but quickly realized that this bunny would be crushed by her two chubby hands and I don't think I could have dealt with that, so we convinced her that she only wanted to pet it.

Mya trying to protect the bunny from Audrey's excited hands.

The next morning, Nate came and told me that the bunny was no longer in the box (we had closed the lid so it couldn't escape - don't worry, we put holes in the top). I have to admit, I was a little sad, but new I had to try to sound really REALLY positive when I told Mya. She took it well thankfully. The day went by and we shocked when Nate came into the kitchen that evening and told us the bunny was back in the box. "What?!!" It stayed for the night, but the next day was gone... back again at night, in the box. I left the garage door open yesterday (I searched the garage thoroughly) and thought it was gone for sure last night. However, when I went into the garage at about 10pm last night, the bunny was BACK IN THE BOX !!! I have the garage door open right now... now I'm a little worried it will leave and then try to come back at night, but the garage door will be closed... Nate reminds me it's an animal and will survive, unless eaten by a hawk, dog, predator of some sort... real comforting thought. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment