So today has been another busy day... tagging right along with our insanely busy weekend. Have you ever been soooo tired you wake up before the crack of dawn and can't go back to sleep. That was me last night. Totally wiped and totally frustrated I couldn't go back to sleep. So I just began to pray. I prayed for our son, Wyatt. I asked the Lord to take care of him. My thoughts traveled to what Wyatt means "Brave, Strong, Hardy Warrior" and I prayed he would become exactly that. That our son would become a man who fights for truth and does not cower to the pressures that seem to be defeating today's men. A man who will stand up for his future wife, love her, and defend her and his family. A man who follows the Lord with all his strength.
I prayed for our sweet girls. For strength, patience, wisdom, when training the blessings God has given me. I prayed for God's protective hand to be on their little bodies and souls.
After praying, I saw the light of day peeking through our blinds and just watched Nate sleeping soundly. I felt such love and respect for my hard working man. And was overwhelmed with gratefulness to God for all He has blessed me with. So many women are at odds with their husband and wonder if he cares or needs them. I hear some women hearts crying, despite the tough exterior, as they tell me their husbands have informed them they no longer love them. I hurt for these women and count myself extremely blessed to have a husband that is my best friend. I have been blessed with some wonderful friends, but Nate friendship is the one I cherish the most. I pray our son grows to be a man just like his father.
~I love you Nate~
liz
Monday, May 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hey Liz. I'm sorry to have missed your shower. Thanks for the invite. We had a family party to attend that day, with relatives from out of town and such.....
I hope you had a great shower and I'm sure you were showered wonderfully with many boy-ish things! Fun, eh?
Hope you are feeling well and doing well.
I am moving over to blogspot too. Mind if I link you?
blessings,
Abby~
Your grateful heart is contagious - one of the reasons I love spending time with you! (Well, that and the fact that you help me keep up with my stuff.)
Isn't it amazing how God uses those moments when we would really like sleep, in the midst of our exhaustion and He meets us there....with His love and mercy! If we draw on that presence we often find our most intimate moments and Hear His voice more clearly!!!
By the way, when is that baby due??? And that is SO normal about aches and pains....I was shooting baskets the day before I delivered Brayden, I had some sches but they were minor...with my 3rd I ran 4 miles up to 4 months and then I had so many ahces and pains I hurt just walking. The aches began right away with #4....I don't know if it is that way with everyone but when I tried working out with him I was in such pain! But it too will pass!!!
Post a Comment