Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's day began with a delicious breakfast... omelet, pancakes with whipping cream, strawberries... just what this pregnant woman craves, but doesn't have the energy to make. At least not all on the same morning. My very loving dad, treated us all for breakfast and many thanks to my sisters for helping me with my girls so I could enjoy my breakfast with almost no interruptions. Nate really started the celebrating on saturday, with my surprise m-day gift. He bought me the cutest purse/diaperbag, despite my protests. He insisted on choosing it himself and went in search of the perfect bag. Sunday afternoon, Nate watched the girls so I could have a couple hours to myself. I sipped on my starbucks as I strolled through a couple of my favorite stores and could actually hear myself think. I arrived home physically tired (pregnancy will do that to ya), but so emotionally refreshed. Nate had yet another surprise in store for me and asked me where I wanted to go for dinner. I told him to choose, "anywhere" I said, just grateful I wouldn't have to cook. However, he insisted I choose... so eventually I did. I left the Carino's full, happy, and relaxed.
Thanks, Nathan, for being such a loving husband and making me make time to relax and enjoy my day!

Despite the aching hips, legs, stomach discomfort,... all that comes with pregnancy and motherhood, I truly consider myself blessed to be the mother of our 2 precious girls and son-to-be. People, especially women, tell me I'm crazy for wanting more children. I just laugh and smile... and joke that I guess if I'm not crazy yet, I guess I will be when surrounded by more little ones. They say, "well your just cut-out to be a mom. You can tell your that type." I'm not sure what that "type" looks like. I know I was the type that had plans to be a physical therapist and just enjoy the single years God had in store for me. Sure I wanted children, one day... I'm thankful the Lord decided that day come sooner than I had planned. I don't know why He chose to bless me with children, when there are so many couples, women, longing to be with child. How can I refuse His most precious gifts? I know the Lord has worked changes in my heart and grown my desire to be a mother over the past 4 years. I think I am becoming that "motherly type" after all, who's desire is to love, nurture, grow, and well, mother.
The most beautiful gifts a mom could ask for.
Who needs diamonds, when daughters are a girl's best friend.
I'm thankful for the love, extremely unselfish love, that my mom demonstrated to me on a daily basis. How my mom can be so unselfish with her time and energy baffles me to this day. Thanks mom, for all you have sacrificed for us and continue to sacrifice.


Happy Mother's day to all the wonderful moms who have blessed me with their wisdom and godly example.



1 comment:

Queen of the house! said...

You look absolutely adorable as always! I don't know how you can be SO tiny!!! I wasn't huge by any means but I sure wasn't as skinny as you...my weight came in my hips..legs....wherever else it could go!
Anyway, you look great!