Sunday, July 20, 2008

July update

July... wow! This month has gone by faster than lightning on a stormy summer night. =) Of course, our little Slaeter has kept us busy, but the life's hectic pace went up a notch when we picked up our boxer (about a week after Sla was born)and another when a couple job interviews were scheduled a couple days later. But more on that later...
Both Slaeter and Tito are growing like weeds. Tito discovered his strength, or rather his ability to jump out of the pen Nate built. Nate has solved the problem and has kept his promise by continually taking care of our cute little puppy's needs. Thanks hon!
Slaeter has discovered how to smile. It is so adorable and fills my heart with so much love I think it'll burst. Seriously though, don't kids have a way of bringing out emotions you never new existed? This little man has won over my heart! I love having a son!
Mya now can say "no tocas nada" (translation "don't touch anything" in Espanol. It makes me laugh to think this is the first sentence we've taught her. Can you tell what we are working on... she's a hands on girl. I'm already thinking of fun schooling ideas for preschool.
Audrey has also begun to speak a little spanish as well. Sandy made the comment the other day that spanish seems to come more naturally to her than english. While she struggles to say her english words clearly, her spanish seems about as easy for her as dancing (she definitely has the latin hip movement going on when she dances).
Not too much update on me... just holdin' down the fort. =) Now that I have begun to leave my domain, my place of rest (ha!) and have tried going out with all 3 little ones, I definitely notice the stares and comments. It really makes me laugh. The comments are never rude. Just the typical, "3 ?! Are they all yours?? You look too young! Did you start having them at 12? Good luck?! Oh honey, you have your hands full!" I finally asked one lady who kept saying I was "too young" how old she thought I was and her reply "17? 18." I think it was because I had on very little make-up, who knows?? I'm sure I will look my age sooner than later due to lack of sleep and endless housework. =) I'm relying on my beauty products. ;)
Nate has had an exciting job opportunity arise, which we are both very excited about. I became more excited when I was told there is a potterybarn outlet in the D.C. area - yes! =) Yeah that's right, D.C. it is looking like we will most likely be in D.C. in 3-6months. Pretty crazy! We are praying for God's will and trusting Him to close or open doors. Nate was flown up to D.C. this past week for a couple interviews and passed. I feel totally at peace and know God is in control. I am so proud of Nate and all the work he does to provide for our family. He is my best friend and I would follow him to the ends of the earth (as long as there is a pottery barn - just kidding!) We both thank the Lord for this wonderful job opportunity, because He is the giver of all good things.
Well, this is lot of writing and probably not very good writing due to distractions. Just wanted to give a little update of some of the little and big moments that have occurred thus far during the month of July. More to come...
~liz


2 comments:

sethswifeforlife said...

Sounds like an exciting opportunity!
It's so great when you can see the hand of the Lord leading so clearly!
blessings to you all!

Days in the Making said...

Wow! A puppy AND 3 little ones..."you have your hands full!" Ha,Ha! Actually we are seriously thinking about getting a beagle puppy! What do you think? (Since we are in pretty much the same boat with 2 little girls and a baby boy.) After your experience, would you recommend throwing a puppy into the mix?
By the way, I know what you mean about how our kids bring out such emotions in us. It's amazing.