Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Kid's comments

So, a friend of mine shares "quotes of the day" (thanks for thelaughs kristin) and I thought I would start recording some from the Sullivan household as well. Kid's say the funniest things and it seems by the end of the day I've forgotten those "memorable comments" (to put it nicely).
Here's my 1st kid comment, more like story. The kid: Mya The setting: We were all gathered in the living room watching a little Dora (and I wonder why Mya talks so loud??) . I wasn't really watching Dora, just hearing Dora's loud monotone voice yelling Spanglish. =) I was thinking my own thoughts when Mya says, "Mom, do you think Dora turns her head like me?" I looked at her with a puzzled expression, which caused her to ask her question again and demonstrate what she meant by simply turning her head to look over her shoulder. Still having no idea why she was asking me this, I decided not to pursue this conversation further (although I kinda wish I had now) and simply replied, "yes" . I mean, I guess Dora turns her head - right? Mya said nothing, verbally that is. She didn't have to. She gave me the largest smile that seemed to say, "wow! Cool! Dora turns her head like me." At that point, I just broke out laughing. So we have established the fact that Dora turns her head like Mya.
By the way, I do endorse Dora. My girls have taught me a spanish word or two. Thanks Dora. Also, Thanks Dora for the hearing loss. =)
Mya's other kid comment for the day: "Mom, can we get the email (referring to the mail)." Just goes to show how different her 3 year old world is from what mine was.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

So fun. Mya is too cute. Looking forward to seeing you soon!