Sunday, August 3, 2008

Kid Comment

The Kid: Mya
Yesterday, we attended the wedding of a girl I used to play b-ball with in highschool (FEAST). It was a beautiful wedding, the decorations, the ceremony, and of course the the bride. Her dress seriously ranks as one of my "fave five". Mya loves to attend weddings. She loves all the preparation (choosing her dress, fixing of hair...) all the primping. She loves looking at the bride and never fails to tell me how the bride "looks like a princess" and I always completely agree. However, yesterday she went a little further and went on to say, "Mommy, I'm going to marry daddy." And after giving me a shy smile said, "I'm going to marry daddy and be a beautiful princess and daddy will be my prince!" I couldn't help but think back to the time when my mom reminded me how I used to say the same thing about my dad. Now, I'm at that point with my little girl. Although it seems my days are long and tiresome (with 3 little ones under 3 1/2 and a move in the making), I am reminded that I must cherish these days, for they will all too soon be gone. One day, should the Lord will, she may be a "princess" all dressed in white, ready to meet her "prince", but until that day we love and enjoy our time with her. Oh yes, and we pray for that prince. =)

No comments: