Thursday, September 25, 2008

Nate the Great and his great adventures...

And we were off... Off the road that is! After our tearful goodbyes were said Thursday morning, we began our roadtrip east. I was driving just outside Dallas, when my tire decided it would go no further. It would've been nice to have had a heads-up! Needless to say, it was a pretty scary experience.
Waiting on the side of a major freeway with 3 little ones for a good while, driving to the nearest wal-mart after they have closed (Nate convinced them to fix our tire), downing a Carl's Jr. and driving 1 more hr. before stopping at the nearest hotel wasn't how I had imagined ending our 1st day of travel. I was emotionally and physically exhausted!
However, thank the Lord only He knows what the future holds because, much to our dismay (is an understatement), our precious Tito (for those who don't know we have a boxer) tried to jump from the bed of truck into our van. All would have been fine and worked accordingly, except the window to the van was not open (knew I shouldn't have washed the van before heading out!). Tito slammed into the van and fell to the ground wimpering! Nate and I rushed to his side and could not believe what had just happened. We found ourselved driving to the nearest vet. and also found ourselves paying for x-rays - cha-ching cha-ching!
Below are pictures I took of the kiddos in the vet's office. Mya was covering her nose the whole time due to the smell that comes along with a vets office in the country of Arkansas. Audrey, on the other hand, loved the time out of her car seat and just kept running back and forth... pretty craaaaaaaaaazy!


Oh yes, did I mention that all this took place in a little town called Hope - hahahahaha (and so I was laughing with tears in my eyes). Side note: Hope is the home of Huckabee and Clinton.
My hope is in Christ, but I have to admite this Caramel Frapp. from Starbucks certainly brought quite a bit of joy into my life those 2 days of horror. =)
The rest of the day went smoothly, thank the Lord! And we FINALLY made it to my dear friend Lissa's house. Thanks Lis for the delicious food, yummy dessert, and all love and comfort! You don't know how much you blessed us that evening! You are a true friend and I will always cherish your friendship!
Mya and Gracie
Heading out from Jason and Lissy's(haha-just had to say that-brings back memories)

Stopping for ice cream... Yummy! Daddy knows how to make a trip fun!
Despite some of the stress we have faced during this long move, we praise the Lord for His grace, love, protection and provision! Traveling with these little ones made the trip more difficult, but we wouldn't have traded them or the millions of diapers changed along the way for anything!!!


Picking flowers and playing with Tito... he has recoved from his bummed leg. =)


By the end of the 3rd day we were all pooped!
However, we were re-energized after dinner and some good rest.

This little one had us laughing that evening as she sucked on our lemons. She was just dancin' and lovin' those lemons!





Mya gave us some much needed laughs as well. After our adventurous first day of travel (the tears, the blowout, remember), we walk into our hotel, she turns to me and says, "I love our new home mama!" In her princess voice that is Mya's trademark tone.




And so we have arrived in Virginia, alive, well, and exploring our new surroundings!
Keep us in your prayers!!! We love and miss you all!
~liz




1 comment:

Kristin said...

Wow- what a trip! So glad that you have arrived safely...still praying for you as you adjust to your new life and surroundings. Missing you!