Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Baby update

First, before I get started on my "baby update", I apologize if my last post sounded a bit down and right-down whiny. Yes, I have struggled more with discomfort this pregnancy, but I have also experienced greater joy and excitement as well. I have learned what makes me ache and have found slowing down a bit helps immensely. I am so excited to meet our little boy and see God's creative power demostrated once again.
Now, for baby update... all is great! He seems to be extremely healthy and flexible. My OB kept saying, "oh my gosh, oh my gosh..." over and over again and then FINALLY said, "wow! his feet and head are way down here and his heart way over here! He is really bent over..." What can I say, but that he is my Yoga baby. Heartbeat is also seems to be quite strong. Bad news, not dialated. Not really a shocker though, since I never seem to begin dialating until after I start having contractions. I'm really curious to see how this delivery turns out, how it goes. I'm really hoping my OB, Dr. Nancy finney, will be able to deliver our little one, cuz I like her A LOT! The next couple weeks will fly by and I have tons to get done. I guess I'm in the "nesting phase" (as Nate loves to remind me) and look forward to preparing for our baby.
Just a side note ( i know you'll enjoy reading patty), Nate is in his "nesting phase" for his new baby boxer. It is so cute to hear him talk about all we'll need for our boxer and all the reading he has done on training a boxer. I have been wanting grass for 2 years, TWO YEARS, and Nate comes home one day and says, "I have to lay grass this weekend so it will be ready for our boxer." We visited the newborn pups Sunday and he was just lovin' on one in particular. Nate wants to buy a bed and house for our new pup. I joked, why don't we just give him the baby's room and crib while we are at it. =) Some people think we are crazy because we'll be getting a dog and baby right around the same time, but what's new right? =) Why not add to the craziness? And since I cared for 2 labs for most my life, I know what I'm getting into, which is why we have had discussions on who will be the primary caregiver. My poop scooping days are over! I have to admit, I too am excited about our pup-to-be. And because Nate is always giving of himself and never does anything for himself, I can honestly say it brings me tremendous joy to see him soooo excited. Just to be clear, he is more excited about meeting our son, but our little boxer does come in a close 2nd. =)
Sorry for another writing post. Pictures to follow soon!
~a very pregnant momma

No comments: