"Twinkies!" Sporting matching outfits and having fun at home before heading out for the day.
Sweet times... literally. On the way back from San Angelo, we stopped in fredericksburg for burgers and ice cream. The girls shared a cone and so did Nate and I. It has been extremely hot, so we've been downing the ice cream around here.
A little Flower Power? Mya has been wanting a garden so badly. I think it's because all princesses seem to have their own beautiful garden and she's "princess Mya". However, because we are on a budget and have just FINALLY put grass in the backyard, we compromised and bought flowers for 2 pots in the front yard. She had a blast planting them and caring for them. They are annuals and are slowly dying, partly because we haven't been watering them as much as we should - oops!
Mya has also enjoyed riding her bike in the evenings. Nate takes her out for a little bit a couple nights a week, so she can ride her bike up and down the block. She is so thankful for this time, but I think she will appreciate it quite a bit more when she realizes all her daddy had on his plate during this time (school, work, 1 very pregnant wife, and another little girl in need of love...outside work).
Sometimes Audrey and I will join them outside. This particular night, Audrey decided she wanted to try walking backwards. I was surprised at how well she did.
Backyard fun! Yes, those are weeds and bricks of all sorts... half our yard is grass, the other is waiting for the man of the house to turn it into a play area. Nate plans to section off a portion for a swing set and another for a porch/patio.

Audrey loves to be funny in her own way. This picture of her in daddy's work shoes cracks us up. She often walks up to us quietly with something funny on and/or with a funny face. I just happened to capture this moment.
Here is another funny moment, although it wasn't intended to bring on a laugh. I caught Mya smiling at herself in the mirror, adoring her outfit one day before heading out. She loves getting all dolled up - 100% girl!
So there are a few moments from the past 2 months of times we spent at home. Home sweet home.. aaaaaah... with another little one the way, I'm sure we will be spending more time at home. Thanks Nate, for working so hard and providing your girls (includes me) emotional and physical needs. I admire you soooo much! You have taken on the responsibility of providing for our rapidly growing family without a flinch. I have always admired your maturity. The maturity that helped you decide, on your own, to join the military to help pay for your school. Most 18 yr. olds, myself included, weren't thinking that far ahead. I love your fun-loving, quiet spirit. It keeps life fun and lighthearted. I am proud to be your wife and have enjoyed being there to witness all you have accomplished these past 4 years.
Love and kisses, Elizabeth

4 comments:
So fun to see those precious moments that are passing all too quickly! I love the web an easy way to catch up even 200 miles away!!!! And I can do it at midnight....Love it!
Can't wait to get news of that baby!!!!!! I know you are ready as any mom with her 3rd child is after 10 weeks of pregnancy...haha! Just kidding, but it sure does bring a lot more pain this time around....I know....been there! Not hoping to go back! Hee hee......So excited for you and you rfamily and can't wait to see who this one looks like!
very sweet. Can't wait to see you all again!
Hey Liz! Your girls are so sweet! I'm just blog hopping today...found you through Paige's blog! It's so much fun to read all the updates!
Oh, and you and I have the same blog background...GREAT taste girl!
Post a Comment